Please follow these instructions closely.
- Take your regular medications with a small amount of water unless instructed otherwise by our office or your primary healthcare provider.
- If intravenous sedation is scheduled:
- Avoid eating or drinking for 8 hours before your appointment.
- For morning surgeries, refrain from food or liquids after midnight the night before.
- Clear liquids (those you can see through) are permitted up to 4 hours before surgery.
- If nitrous oxide analgesia (N2O) is scheduled:
- Abstain from eating or drinking (including water) for 3 hours before the appointment, unless otherwise directed.
- Refrain from smoking for at least 12 hours before the surgery, and ideally reduce or quit smoking in advance of the procedure.
- Ensure a responsible adult accompanies you to the office, stays during the procedure, and provides transportation home.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the surgery day. Avoid driving, operating machinery, or making important decisions for 24 hours after intravenous anesthesia.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past your elbows and opt for low-heeled shoes.
- Remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures before surgery.
- Avoid wearing lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Alcohol or recreational drug use may negatively affect anesthesia medications. Cease usage for at least 72 hours before your procedure.
- If you have a cold, sore throat, or gastrointestinal upset, please inform our office.
- In the event you need to reschedule or cancel your surgery appointment, kindly provide us with 48 hours’ notice.”